The main goal of our team is to provide our patients with healthy, good-looking smiles that will last them a lifetime. Taking good care of your teeth at home goes a long way in achieving such a smile. Incorporating healthy meals into your diet, reducing the number of snacks you eat and brushing and flossing your teeth daily will all help reduce your chances of dental disease.
You should brush your teeth at least twice a day, especially right before you go to bed. In addition, an ADA-approved toothpaste and soft bristle tooth brush will make a difference in the effectiveness of your routine.
- When brushing your teeth, hold the tooth brush at a 45 degree angle to the gums. Use small, circular motions to brush your teeth and make sure you can feel the brush’s bristles on your gums.
- Make sure to brush the whole surface of each tooth – the outer and inner sides and the biting surface.
- To clean the inside of the front teeth, use the tip of your tooth brush
- Remove extra bacteria from your mouth by also brushing your tongue. This will also help freshen your breath.
- Electric tooth brushes are recommended, as they are the most effective in removing plaque while still being gentle on your gums and teeth. To use an electric tooth brush, put the bristles on your teeth and let the brush do the rest.